Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bird #4 Northern Cardinal

Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)
Acrylic on cardboard, 29 December 2012, 11" x 13.5"


I didn't quite finish it in time for Christmas, but 'tis the season. I hope you like it, Bill. It's a bit of a different perspective for a Cardinal. I kinda thought it looked like a rock star with a mohawk from a head on view, so I went with it.

Some of the acrylic paints I used were enamels, so it was very difficult to photograph without a terrible glare. I had to take it out into natural light on the front porch for a photo... which makes it look a bit lighter than it appears in real life. I desperately need a large digital flatbed scanner for this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I really miss Cardinals....don't have them here in the Colorado mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. You've got some pretty fair replacements that we don't have in the east.

      Delete